Salsa has become an incredibly popular dip in the United States. Take a walk through just about any grocery store and you’ll see rows of tomato salsa lining the store’s shelves. Though salsa is readily available at stores, fresh tomato salsa is easy to make. Plus, making your own salsa at home means you can control what goes into your dip so you can make it as spicy or mild as you like.
If you like salsa, we’ve got a simple salsa recipe you should try. It calls for canned tomatoes, which makes it even easier to throw together, but if you have the time to use fresh ones you can easily substitute them. This salsa also makes six quarts which means that you’ll have a nice stock of salsa for just a few minutes’ worth of work. You can store the salsa in your refrigerator in an air-tight container and it will stay fresh for a few weeks.
Click here for our simple salsa recipe.
Kristie Collado is The Daily Meal’s Cook Editor. Follow her on Twitter @KColladoCook.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them