The Liberty Hotel
- Definitely hit the old drunk tank turned bar on the first level...this is the best hotel in BOS...
- You don't have to be in a ghoulish mood to try this festive fall cocktail from Cosmo: The Pumpkin Martini. Cream liqeur, vanilla vodka, and canned pumpkin puree taste delish any time of year!
- Once a prison, the hotel has a restaurant that even features original jail cells so if youre like us, youll enjoy pretending your butter knife is a really fancy shiv. on.kayak.com/LibertyBoston
- The Liberty Hotel was once the site of the Charles Street Jail. A jail "so despicable" that it was closed due to serving lobsters to its inmates every day (seriously). More info avail via our blog
- Love the champagne check in!
- Over the years, this former jail has housed a number of famous inmates including future Boston Mayor James Michael Curley, Malcolm X, and Sacco and Vanzetti.
- The jail-turned-hotels atmosphere is certainly arresting, with three-story arched windows, iron and granite elements, and walls that whisper of Bostons most famed criminals.
- Alibi is really cool!
- Chill with a lovingly crafted cocktail
- Get the presidential suite. It's so big you will literally get lost in it. We had to call room service to find the mini bar.
- Don't forget the complimentary welcome glass of champagne! All bars and restaurants are jail themed. One of the best hotels in the country! Attention to service and detail.
- This @spg hotel has degraded in the past few years. From poor customer service, to scratchy towels, cheap robes & bed linens- the stay has been an absolute fail. Until they change- stick to Alibi
- Say hi to the guidos for me!
- Once the storied Charles Street Jail, the original cell doors make up the dcor of this elegant Boston hot spot.
- Bartenders here craft herbs, exotic liqueurs, and even pickles into concoctions that are unforgettable, no matter how many you guzzle. Sit back, drink in hand, and watch the beautiful people.
- Nice place BUT the waiters are assholes and the music is terrible. And of course the beer is over 10 bucks. Make your choice !
- Chorizo and corn quesadilla and scrambled eggs with pico de gallo is delicious.
- This hotel is beautiful, the location is central, the service is great and the beds are comfy. I highly recommend it!
- So many middle-aged people gyrating
- Breakfast was superb! Atmosphere so neat. Can't wait to go back on a Saturday night!