Another day, another insanely pricey, bejeweled cocktail. To celebrate their 40th anniversary, the White Barn Inn in Kennebunk, Maine, has decided to create a ruby red cocktail to celebrate, Portland Press Herald reports.
The price: $40,000. The drink: Hangar One vodka, St. Germain elderflower liqueur, fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice, pomegranate, rosewater, and, you know, a 4-carat ruby. No big deal.
According to the hotel's maître d', Matthew Swinford, the inn has a New York jeweler looking for rubies to put into the cocktails, and the inn expects to sell two of these drinks. The cocktail will be added to the menu in June. "The way we're going to present it is, it's going to be in the martini glass," Swinford said. "And then we're going to pour the martini tableside so they see the gem, and they see the tray — a very high-quality sterling silver tray."
If you aren't loaded enough to get the $40,000 version (along with the Loft Suite at $800 a night), you can get the cocktail, sans-ruby, for $18. This definitely beats out the Guinness World Record-holder for the most expensive cocktail, a $8,800 concoction of vintage spirits.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time