PointsPlus Classic Macaroni Salad Recipe
If you're just learning how to cook, this classic macaroni salad recipe will be your perfect start. For extra texture, add some diced tomatoes.,
- 8 ounces uncooked macaroni, elbow-variety
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt, or to taste (for cooking pasta)
- ½ cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
Cook macaroni in salted water according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard. and garlic powder; stir mixture into cooked macaroni. Fold in celery, onion, and parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled.