Citrus and Cacao Nib Salad
This salad has an excellent balance of crunchy, tangy, and creamy, with the orange juice and cacao nibs working to create an exciting flavor profile of chocolate and orange.
Back To Avocado 101!
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Cup good-quality olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Taza Roasted Cacao Nibs
- Pinch of salt
- 8 Cups mild salad greens, such as mesclun or red leaf lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 Ounces fresh goat cheese
In a food processor, blend the orange juice, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, nibs, and salt until emulsified. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together the greens, peppers, and avocado. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss. Sprinkle with the goat cheese and serve.