For more of Faith's delicious recipes, visit her blog An Edible Mosaic.
- 1/4 Cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 medium banana, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 Tablespoon raisins
- 3/4 Cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts
In a small pan, combine the oats, banana, carrot, raisins, water, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Cook over medium-low heat until the oats reach your desired consistency, about 12 minutes, stirring frequently. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, honey, and vanilla extract to make the frosting. Serve the oats topped with the frosting and walnuts.