We all love those packets of dried spices to make our onion dip, but this recipe is made completely from scratch, and uses Greek yogurt to add subtle flavor and a smooth, creamy texture.
- 1/2 Cup Greek yogurt, such as Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- Chips of crackers, for serving
Sauté the onions and garlic in the butter and oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook, stirring every 5-8 minutes until the onions are dark, about 30 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl and cool completely before stirring in the yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Chill before serving.