Caramelized Onion Dip
We all love those packets of dried spices to make our onion dip, but this recipe is made completely from scratch, and uses Greek yogurt to add subtle flavor and a smooth, creamy texture.
- 1/2 Cup Greek yogurt, such as Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- Chips of crackers, for serving
Sauté the onions and garlic in the butter and oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook, stirring every 5-8 minutes until the onions are dark, about 30 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl and cool completely before stirring in the yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Chill before serving.