This classic Italian salad is a must-have when tomatoes are at their best. Just a touch of olive oil and balsamic vinegar along with sweet, peppery basil highlights their natural flavor. And make sure to use the best mozzarella you can find. With ripe, juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil, this salad rocks!
- 2 Cups sliced tomatoes or Roma tomatoes
- 3 Ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- 3 Tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
In a shallow bowl or plate, layer or arrange the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Coat with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.