8 to 10 medium size thick skin oranges, washed
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
Additional sugar for coating
1. Cut oranges just through peel into quarters; remove peel and place in large saucepan. (Reserve oranges for eating or for use in salads.) Cover orange peel with cold water; add salt.
2. Boil 10 minutes and drain. Repeat this 2 more times.
3. Gently scrape off moist white membrane with spoon. (Peel should be about 1/4 inch thick.) Cut peel into 1/4 inch wide strips.
4. In a 3 quart saucepan combine 2 cups sugar, 1 cup water and corn syrup.
Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
Add orange peel. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and boil gently 45 minutes. Drain well.
5. A few pieces at a time, roll orange peel in additional sugar. Arrange in a single layer on trays. Let dry in warm place lightly covered with wax paper, 10 to 12 hours.
6. Store in a covered container.
Yield: 8 Cups