Cameron’s Four-Cheese Pizza Recipe
When my son Cameron was younger, this was the only pizza he would eat. He told me just what he wanted on his pizza, and he’s eaten it the same way ever since.
- Flour, for the dough
- 12 ounces (½ recipe) pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 oven-dried tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- ¾ cup Fontina cheese, grated
- 2 Roma tomatoes, ends trimmed and cut into 12 slices total
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 6-8 large fresh basil leaves
Place a pizza stone on the middle rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
On a lightly floured surface, stretch or roll out the dough into one 10-inch round or two 8-inch rounds.
Transfer the dough to a wooden pizza paddle or a lightly floured cookie sheet. Brush the dough lightly with the pesto and scatter the oven-dried tomatoes evenly around the inner circle of the pizza.
Sprinkle with the mozzarella and Fontina cheese, evenly arrange the slices of the Roma tomatoes, and then sprinkle with the goat cheese, oregano, thyme, and the Parmesan.
Slide the pizza off a paddle or cookie sheet onto the hot pizza stone. Bake until the pizza crust is nicely browned, 10-12 minutes. When the pizza is removed from the oven, transfer to a cutting board and garnish with the basil leaves, cut into slices, and serve immediately.