California Shrimp Tacos with Corn Salsa
"After trying fish tacos, I fell in love. I wanted to recreate them at home and thought, 'Why not use shrimp?' It's an affordable healthy way to feed my seafood-loving family."
— Kayla Peters, Cecilia, Ky., of Taste of Home
- One 11-ounce can Mexican-flavored corn, drained
- 3/4 Cups chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 Cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Cup guacamole
- 3 Tablespoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 16 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 8 taco shells
In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. In another small bowl, combine the guacamole and salad dressing.
In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the chili powder and Cajun seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté the shrimp until pink, about 5 minutes.
Place 2 shrimp in each taco shell. Top with 1/3 cup of the corn salsa and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the guacamole mixture.