- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons spice marinade, such as McCormick backyard brew marinade
- 1/4 Teaspoon chipotle chile pepper
- 1/3 Cup plus 2 tablespoons beer, divided
- 1 Tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 Pound ground beef
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 hamburger rolls
- Lettuce, tomato, and condiments for topping
Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions, 1 teaspoon of the marinade mix, and chipotle chile pepper; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Add 2 tablespoons of the beer and sugar; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until beer has evaporated. Set aside.
Mix remaining marinade mix, remaining 1/3 cup beer, and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl until well blended. Add ground beef; mix lightly. Shape into 6 patties.
Grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through. Add cheese slices to burgers 1 minute before cooking is completed. Toast rolls on the grill, open side down, about 30 seconds or until golden. Serve burgers on toasted rolls with caramelized onions. Garnish with desired toppings and condiments.