Check out our editor's picks for this week's top food section recipes.
• Rock Sugar shares its recipe for festive rice, made with jasmine rice, cinnamon, anise, and cardamom.
• Jalepeños and cilantro spice up this Vietnamese cabbage salad with pan-seared tofu.
• A steamed spinach and crab appetizer kicks off the start of Dungeness season.
• One way to serve escarole: a bow-tie pasta dish with sweet roasted butternut squash and Asiago cheese.
• Get in the mood for St. Patty's Day with a Brazen Head beef and Guinness stew.
Portland Press Herald
• To go with your Irish stew or corned cabbage? Irish soda bread. Or, the morning after, try an Irish oat scone with dried cranberries.
• Get a light filling of protein with a white bean salad with crushed fennel vinaigrette.
• For an elegant meal, pop the bubbly: this champagne-poached Cornish hen recipe also uses black truffle juice, artichoke, potatoes, and onion.