Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado or jalapenos (or all four!).
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can great Northern beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 Cups vegetable broth
- 1 28-ounce can canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Pinch of red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a large Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
Add beans, corn, vegetable broth, canned tomatoes, garlic and spices to the pot.
Increase heat to high, bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low, cover the Dutch oven and simmer the chili for at least one hour, stirring occasionally.