- 1/2 Cup red wine
- 1/4 Cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon thyme leaves, preferably McCormick
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, preferably French's
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt, preferably from McCormick Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder, preferably McCormick
- 2 New York strip steaks, 3/4-inch thick (approx. 1 lb.)
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced shallots or onions
- 8 Ounces wild mushrooms or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper, preferably McCormick
Step 1: Mix 1/4 cup each of the wine and oil, 2 teaspoons of the thyme, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon of the sea salt and 1 teaspoon garlic powder in small bowl.
Step 2: Place steak in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade, turning to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
Step 3: Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet on medium heat.
Step 4: Add 1/2 cup shallots, stirring for 3 minutes.
Step 5: Add 8 ounces mushrooms, stirring for 3 minutes.
Step 6: Add remaining 1/4 cup wine, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon thyme, pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
Step 7: Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and mushrooms are tender. Set aside to keep warm.
Step 8: Remove steak from marinade and discard any remaining marinade.
Step 9: Grill over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until steak is desired doneness.
Step 10: Serve each portion of steak with about 1/3 cup mushrooms in red wine sauce.