- 2 14-ounce packages of frozen tortellini
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely or grated
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 Cup ricotta cheese (plus 5 tablespoons for the top of the pasta)
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 handful fresh sage, chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg (if using a microplane, count to 6)
- 1 Teaspoon salt (big pinch)
- 1 Teaspoon pepper (big pinch)
- 1 Cup parmesan cheese grated (plus a little extra for sprinkling on top)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter (to grease baking dish)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Butter a baking dish.
In a large bowl, add pumpkin puree, ricotta cheese, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, sage, garlic, parmesan cheese and olive oil.
Mix all ingredients thoroughly so you get even seasoning.
Add tortellini, kale and nutmeg.
Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
Add mixture to buttered baked dish; sprinkle extra parmesan cheese on top and add spoonfuls of ricotta cheese on top.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (just until the top is bubbly).