- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 8 eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons McCormick® Rum Extract With Other Natural Flavors
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg, divided
- 2 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Cut bread into 1-inch thick slices. Remove crust. Trim each slice into a rectangle. Arrange slices in single layer in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Mix eggs, milk, granulated sugar, extracts, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of the nutmeg in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Pour mixture over bread. Cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove casserole from refrigerator. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Meanwhile, mix confectioners’ sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg in small bowl. Sprinkle over French toast. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.