- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 Cup soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 Cup agave syrup or 2 tablespoons mild honey
- 2 Tablespoons dark toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon Korean chili paste, sambal oelek or sriracha chili sauce
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 small Asian pear or other pear, peeled, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Pound each chicken breast half with a heavy, flat mallet between sheets of heavy plastic to a uniform 1/2-inch thickness. Place in a glass baking dish.
Puree soy sauce, vinegar, syrup, sesame oil, chili paste, onion, 1/4 of the pear and garlic in a blender until smooth.
Pour half of the mixture over the chicken.
Turn chicken to thoroughly coat it with the marinade. Refrigerate chicken, turning once, for 1 or 2 hours.
Refrigerate the remaining marinade in a covered container.
Cut the remaining pear into fine slivers. Set aside. Prepare a grill for high heat.
Remove chicken from marinade; place on grill directly over heat source.
Cover grill; cook 2 minutes. Turn chicken. Cover; grill until nearly firm when pressed, about 2 more minutes.
Transfer to a large platter.
Serve sprinkled with slivered pear and green onions.