The Phone Booth
1398 S Van Ness Ave (at 25th St)
San Francisco, CA 94110
- Scuzzy bar full of smoke yet has a charm as strong as the drinks.
- Keep your eye open for Panda sightings!
- Rumple Minze and Cults on the jukebox. People, I am home.
- Don't sit near Joan H., she pees her pants All. The. Time.
- Any dive bar with a great jukebox and Macallan 18 gets my vote.
- In a city not known for its cheapness, you can still get a strong cocktail here for less than $4 and the jukebox is a who's who of punk and indie rock icons.
- Cape cod for days
- Buy Gavo a beer...he's a bitch
- If indoor smoking is your thing, this is a good place to be
- The best place in the Mission for dirt cheap drinks and a good hang.
- This place is super chill. They also have a Barbie chandelier (2 of 4 petals via Fondu)
- There's a hidden pistachio dispenser.
- My favorite bar in San Francisco. Free popcorn, PBR and billiards!
- Best jukebox ever!!!
- Ask for a Cracked Chandelier, its Sambuca White Bacardi Rum and Sprite. Simply put it taste like Good and Plenty candy.
- SF Weekly's Best Of 2011 Winner - Reader's Poll - BEST JUKE BOX
- 2$ Tecate cans
- The well loved jukebox here is terrifically eclectic, with everything from country to punk, shoutouts to Peaches and TLC, and a hefty helping of Morrissey and Depeche Mode.
- Sick jukebox. Cheap beers and a good pool table. Great vibe too
- Too loud and the smell is always a problem