Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Burgers
When you load toppings onto a burger, they often fall off. My inside-out stuffed burgers mix the toppings into the meat, giving you a whole new experience of smoky-flavored turkey bacon, Cheddar, and meaty portobello mushrooms in every bite.
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1 Pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 Ounce portobello mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Ounces reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded or diced
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns
Prepare bacon as directed on package, drain on paper towels, and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to gently but thoroughly mix together the next 7 ingredients. Dampen hands and form into 4 equal-size balls, then gently press into patties, about 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick.
Preheat an outdoor grill (or indoor grill pan) to medium-high, and brush or wipe the grill grates with oil.
Grill burgers about 5 minutes on each side, flipping only once, or to desired doneness.
Remove burgers to let rest on a clean plate while you warm the buns for a minute on the grill. Add optional options such as ketchup, mustard, tomato slices, lettuce, pickles, and/or onions for garnish and serve.