American City Diner
5532 Connecticut Ave NW (at Morrison St. NW)
Washington, DC 20015
- I always get cheese fries
- Love the chocolate shakes!
- Burgers or soul food is the thing to order here. Burger buns are a tad soft. Open-faced turkey plate, chicken fried steak, are also good. Best shake on the menu: cherry, in my humble opinion.
- If you like classic diner fare, milkshakes, burgers, etc...this is the place. Breakfast is served all day, and the classic 2 eggs, home fries, and toast is just $6.75. Dinner is from 11am to 10pm.
- Weekend mornings sit on the patio; and say Hi to Linda Pigman. My favorite waitress.
- Breakfast in an old fashion diner.
- The waffles and the bacon is on point
- Neglectful servers.. What's worse!
- The milkshakes are amazing.
- Try the Philly steak cheese omelette awesome. Very very very friendly staff! And the egg creams are real!
- Seriously this is the best chocolate milkshake I've had in a super long time!
- One of the best late night spots in the city! The food is great and the milkshakes/malts are awesome!
- Best grilled cheese and milk shakes in the country. Also good if you want breakfast anytime.
- Very snooty people. While walking I got the biggest "I don't belong here look" and the woman at the table next me is graphically describing someone bloody broken nose. Food is great btw!
- This place is filthy and smelled like chlorox and pee. And the food, French fries and tuna club had no flavor. Do not eat here.
- I've been coming here for years and its awesome!!! Joyce is the best!!!!
- Oh baby get me some Meatloaf Dinner! It's so thick and meatlofy
- Omlelicies time for nomnom Philly Steak & Cheese Omelette.
- Chocolate shakes are always fabulous.
- Joyce is the best waitress, hands down! Get the 6A or spinach benedict if you go for breakfast. The chicken pot pie, stuffed peppers and meatloaf are super, too!