James Beard Foundation Announces Award Nominees
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
Last month, the James Beard Foundation released its extensive list of semifinalists up for this year's James Beard Awards. Today, they announced their list of finalists; winners will be announced May 6 at Lincoln Center's Avery Fischer Hall in a ceremony hosted by Stanley Tucci, while the Book, Broadcast, and Journalism awards dinner will take place May 3.
For Book, Broadcast, and Journalism, Gerry Garvin, Sara Moulton, and Andrew Zimmern are up for Outstanding Food Personality. Meanwhile, Anthony Bourdain-produced Mind of a Chef is up against Bizarre Foods America and MeatEater for TV Program on Location.
In the meantime, Rising Star Chef nominees include Jimmy Bannos Jr. (Purple Pig), Thomas McNaughton (Flour + Water), Danny Bowien (Mission Chinese), David Posey (Blackbird), and Blaine Wetzel (Willows Inn). Not a surprising list. Best New Restaurant may go to Empellón Cocina, Grace, The Ordinary, Rich Table, or State Bird Provisions. So far, a pretty good year for San Francisco.
As for all you drink folks, Outstanding Bar Program nominees are (surprise, surprise) The Aviary, Bar Agricole, The NoMad Hotel, Holeman Finch & Public House, Pegu Club, and The Violet Hour. Welcome NoMad and Holeman Finch & Public House. Outstanding Wine Program nominees are A16, The Barn at Blackberry Farm, CityZen at Mandarin Oriental, Frasca Food and Wine, and Picasso.
And now for the big nominees: Outstanding Chef nominees include Sean Brock, David Chang, Gary Danko, Suzanne Goin, Paul Kahan, and Nancy Silverton; Outstanding Restaurant nominees include August, Blue Hill, Highlands Bar and Grill, The Slanted Door, and Spiaggia. Check out the PDF of all nominees here.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts