- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Create a Cereal Bar at Your Next Brunch Bash
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
No matter how old you are, there’s bound to be a place in your heart for cereal.
Whether you're 6 years old and on a serious Lucky Charms kick, 18 and snacking on Frosted Mini-Wheats in your dorm room between classes, or 45 and looking for a fiber fix with Fiber One, cereal has played a part in your morning routine at some point. As for the Special K diet, ladies — we’ve all been there at some point.
We’ve talked about including all kinds of specialty bars at your bashes, from ice cream bars to candy buffets to a grilled cheese and a panini station, but a cereal bar is something that’s perfect for late-night parties or weekend morning brunch gatherings.
In order to create the ideal cereal bar, you need to be practical for some guests and whimsical for others.
- Pull out the adult staples like Raisin Bran, Cheerios, Corn Flakes, and Shredded Wheat and add the kid classics like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Froot Loops, POPS, Golden Grahams, and Cookie Crisp.
- Then, make sure you have all kinds of milk, from whole to skim to soy and almond, to accommodate everyone.
- As for fixings, berries, bananas, and various other fruits always pair well with cereal.
- Display the cereals in clear glass containers and label them so guests know what’s what.
- Create a buffet with colorful bowls and spoons and your bar is good to go.
Extra points for cereal mashups!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts