- Labor Day
VIDEO: A-Z Food Tries Georgian Cuisine
On our A-Z London tour, for the letter G we are visiting the cuisine of the country Georgia
(For more go to www.atozlondonfood.com)
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
- South Africa’s Food Routes: Your Ultimate Culinary Travel Planner
- Michaela's Map: Transformative Travel in Panama
- Taking the Ultimate American Road Trip? Here's Where You Have to Eat
About A-Z Food: In this video series, Alastair Humphreys and Tom Kevill-Davies eat around London to find one restaurant from a nation for each letter of the alphabet. Check out A-Z Food: France here.
London travelers Humphreys and Kevill-Davies take on Georgian cuisine next, a type of food often raved about by their friends. On the menu at Tamada, a Georgian restuarant in northwest London, were ispanaxi (steamd mashed spinach with onions), sacivi (chicken in walnut sauce), and khachapuri, a cheese-filled griddle-baked flatbread. But the best dish? Khinkali, giant flour dumplings filled with minced pork, beef, onions, and herbs, housing a broth that requires careful eating. Read the full review here.
More From A-Z Food:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts