10 No-Cook Ideas for Weeknight Dinners
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
By now, most of us have experienced the blazing hot heat, humidity, and sun of summer. Think back to those days — now what did you have for dinner? If you’re like me, you probably found yourself trying to come up with a quick, cool, and refreshing dish you could put together without getting near the toaster or stove… or you may have found yourself seeking refuge in the blast-chiller-like temperatures of your local go-to restaurant and shelling out the bucks for a family meal out.
The next time the temperatures climb over 95, forget dining out and instead fix something light, healthy, and delicious for the family at home. Cool gazpacho is easy to make and refreshing (plus, if you make extra, it’s perfect for lunch the next day). If you have kids, they’ll love designing and rolling their own wrap sandwiches. Just two of you? Pop open an ice-cold bottle of white or rosé and enjoy a platter of chilled Mediterranean dips and spreads. Craving protein? Why not try a cold crab and avocado salad, or a tuna ceviche with cilantro and soy? Whatever you choose, plate it up then go enjoy it in the coolest part of your house.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts