- First electric stove patented (1896)
Warm Cinnamon Recipes for Cold Weather Blues
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Put It in a Watermelon: 10 Recipes That Can Be Served In a Watermelon Half
- 9 Recipes That Will Make Your Kid Feel Like a Real Chef
- 10 Fresh Fruit Salsa Recipes You’ll Need This Summer
- Earthy, Rich, and Bold: 11 Recipes That Will Make You Fall In Love with Coffee in a Whole New Way
- These Are the First 5 Recipes You Need to Teach Your Kids
Fall is upon us as the nights and mornings are cooler and the days begin to shorten. As we hang onto the last joys of summer, we are beginning to long for comfort. For me, cinnamon has that welcome to fall comforting feeling and as the weather gets below 60 degrees, I start making all kinds of dishes with this spice. In fact, I use it so often this time of year, that I end up leaving it on the counter for easy access.
While cinnamon is great on staples like French toast, here are some new ways to use the spice in plenty of party favorites and easy desserts. From cinnamon donuts (a classic) to cinnamon roasted almonds (or any other nuts), the spice lends a subtle note to any dish. And if all else fails, infuse a stick or two of cinnamon into plain vanilla ice cream for an easy twist. Keep reading for some great way to add some cinnamon coziness to your table.
— mackicayloma, Babble
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts