Smashing Watermelons in Slow Motion Looks Ridiculously Cool
Recipe of the day
- The Ultimate Guide to Kitchen Spring Cleaning
- Little Things You Can Do to Save Money in the Kitchen
- The Top 26 Best Food Storage Containers
- Monitor Your Meats From Your Smart Phone With This Bluetooth Thermometer
- The Cinder Sensing Cooker Uses Actual Rocket Science to Help You Cook Everything Perfectly
The Slow-Mo guys may have broken a watermelon with a ton of rubber bands, but this guy just uses a sledgehammer, which makes him at least 10 times more awesome.
Introduced by an amazing poem about all the proper tools of a kitchen (all of which you don't need, according to master smasher Gallagher), this video shows him doing everything you need to do in a kitchen with a Thor-like hammer. Open a watermelon? Check. Pop open a beer? Done.
It's a mock ad for the "the handiest and the dandiest kitchen tool ever seen," which is even handier when set on fire and smashing everything in sight. "It's not a slicer, it's not a dicer, it's not a chopper and a hopper, what the hell could it possibly be?" Gallagher narrates. "Now wasn't that quick and easy? Applesauce in an instant." It's sledge-a-matic. Watch all the visual fireworks below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts