- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Slobber Over 'United States of Bacon' Previews
Recipe of the day
- Michael Fassbender to Star in Marco Pierre White Movie
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
- Gail Simmons Dishes on the Upcoming 13th Season of ‘Top Chef’
- Michael Jackson’s Former Personal Chef Will Prepare Jackson’s Favorite Dishes in Honor of His Birthday
Last week's bacon yule log was just a taste of the bacon-y food porn that will arrive December 30 at 10 p.m., as Destination America debuts their 12-episode series United States of Bacon.
The host, Todd Fisher, travels through Milwaukee, Chicago, Des Moines, Seattle, Atlanta, Detroit, Los Angeles, Portland, and the Bay Area, showcasing all the bacon "from thick cut and juicy to thin and crispy," Marc Etkind of Destination America said in a press release.
So expect close ups of peanut butter and bacon cheeseburgers, a meatlover's deep dish pizza in Chicago (plus a Chicago hot dog, obviously), a bacon-wrapped meatloaf sandwich, and a bacon Cheddar apple pie. And in a video below, they even invent something called the "bacon turtle burger," which looks and sounds kind of terrifying. It's all a little much, but watch the previews below for a quick taste, then consider going out to buy bacon when the cravings hit. Or, you can check out how to make bacon from scratch here.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts