- Simone "Simca" Beck born (1904)
'Portlandia' Makes the Ultimate Hipster Coffee Shop Manifesto
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Seattle’s 10 Most Cutting Edge Coffee Shops
- A Perfected Kombucha Beer, the ‘Healthy Alcohol’ Will Soon Hit the Mass Market
- Brooklyn Artist Sues Starbucks for Alleged Copyright Infringement
- La Colombe Creates First-Ever Latte on Tap
- Starbucks Has Lined Up 6 New Frappuccino Flavors, Including Cotton Candy and Cupcake
If you have visited a coffee shop like, ever, you are going to absolutely die watching this underground club of Portlandia baristas unite under the "coffee shop manifesto." Much like the Instagram ban in San Francisco's Four Barrel Coffee shop, or the stroller, milk, and sugar ban at the Berlin coffee shop Barn Roastery, these baristas are sick and tired of you unappreciative consumers. So let's appreciate the baristas for their art — the manifesto:
No chatter at the counter.
Don't even knock on the bathroom door (you know someone is doing their business in there).
No questions. ("You know what's not good here? YOU!")
Check out the full clip of Portlandia here.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts