- Simone "Simca" Beck born (1904)
Chicago's 2014 Michelin Stars Announced
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- It’s Here! Shake Shack Unveils “ChickenShack” Sandwich
- Australian Restaurant Catches Heat After Banning Children Under 7
- The 9 Most Memorable Crimes That Happened at Fast Food Restaurants
- Per Se Owes Workers $500,000 in Unpaid Service Charges, Says New York Attorney General
- Chuck E. Cheese’s, ‘Where a Kid Can Be a Kid,’ Hires Creative Agency to Help Attract More Adults
The Michelin Guide hit its third (and last) United States city for its annual guides, this year awarding 25 restaurants in the Windy City with Michelin stars. No suburban restaurants made the cut this year, the Chicago Tribune reports.
The guide added on five newcomers this year to the one-star category: EL Ideas, Elizabeth in Lincoln Square, The Lobby inside The Peninsula Chicago hotel, North Pond, and Senza (a gluten-free spot, no less).
Grace, Curtis Duffy's spot in Chicago, jumped to a two-star status in its first year of consideration, while Sixteen was upgraded to two stars (it received one in 2013). Graham Elliot and L2O maintained their two-star status; Alinea maintains its three stars.
Interestingly enough, Grant Achatz's second project Next did not get a Michelin nod this year. Although last year the excuse was that Michelin reviewers couldn't get enough reservations at the spot, this year, Michelin Chicago guide did tweet, "We had a lot of fun at Next this past year...always takes many hours to write those papers!" The Twitterverse is not happy.
Check out the full list below.
EL Ideas *
The Lobby *
Longman & Eagle
North Pond *
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts