Chicago's 2014 Michelin Stars Announced
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Your Guide to Charleston’s New Restaurants: Spring 2015
- Danny Meyer’s New Restaurant, Untitled, Opens at the Whitney Museum Today
- The Newest, Hottest, and Brightest Restaurants in Miami’s Design District & Wynwood
- Man Publicly Shames Cousin Who Told Waitress to ‘Find Sour Cream’ as Her Tip
- Man creates $900 McDonald’s burger, maxes out new system
The Michelin Guide hit its third (and last) United States city for its annual guides, this year awarding 25 restaurants in the Windy City with Michelin stars. No suburban restaurants made the cut this year, the Chicago Tribune reports.
The guide added on five newcomers this year to the one-star category: EL Ideas, Elizabeth in Lincoln Square, The Lobby inside The Peninsula Chicago hotel, North Pond, and Senza (a gluten-free spot, no less).
Grace, Curtis Duffy's spot in Chicago, jumped to a two-star status in its first year of consideration, while Sixteen was upgraded to two stars (it received one in 2013). Graham Elliot and L2O maintained their two-star status; Alinea maintains its three stars.
Interestingly enough, Grant Achatz's second project Next did not get a Michelin nod this year. Although last year the excuse was that Michelin reviewers couldn't get enough reservations at the spot, this year, Michelin Chicago guide did tweet, "We had a lot of fun at Next this past year...always takes many hours to write those papers!" The Twitterverse is not happy.
Check out the full list below.
EL Ideas *
The Lobby *
Longman & Eagle
North Pond *
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts