Three times a week, The Daily Byte rounds up stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Forget the overdone black-and-orange combo this Halloween; here's a sophisticated spin on the spooky holiday. [Glorious Treats]
• Finnicky black walnuts may be tough to crack, but it's definitely worth it for this panna cotta with local honey. [Hungry Ghost]
• Glass milk bottles and "mud pies" make adorable additions to a barnyard-themed birthday party. [Pizzazzerie]
• Butternut squash and crispy sage are vibrant toppings for a fall pizza. [Alexandra Cooks]
• Carrot coffee cake and Cass McCombs make a perfect pairing for a productive Saturday. [Turntable Kitchen]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.