What’s in Your Juice?
We talk to the founders of BluePrint to learn about what really goes into juice diets
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- 8 Drinks That Help Fight Diabetes
- New Product Offers ‘Wine Without the Hangover’… Because There’s No Alcohol in It
- Soda Company Celebrates ‘Deflategate’ with Flat Sodas
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Teams Up with Keurig for Forthcoming At-Home Cold Beverage System
- Scientists Treat Alcoholics with a Fake Bar and Colored Water
There’s nothing quite like a glass of juice first thing in the morning to kick-start your day. And with so many delicious flavor combinations these days — both to make and to buy — there’s no shortage of delicious juices to enjoy. But unless you have lots of time to spare, tons money to spend on costly juicers, and the means to buy lots of fruits and veggies, you may not always find the time to fresh-squeeze your juice every time you want it.
So we know it’s tempting to pick up a bottle of juice in the supermarket aisle and call it a day. But the closer you look at the ingredients, the more alarmed you might be. Not every juice is as natural and pure as you might think — what we found, when examining ingredient labels and investigating claims, are some seriously stale ingredients.
Many dietitians and websites recommend eating your fruit, not drinking it; fruit juices won’t have any of the fiber that a piece of fruit has because it’s been stripped away during the processing. But that doesn’t mean you should avoid juices altogether — you just have to know what to look for. Click ahead to find the biggest "frauds" on your juice label that should make you take pause. But hey, we’re proud of you for not picking up a soda!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts