How to Butcher a Bluefin Tuna
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Mario Batali's Del Posto somehow got their hands on a Kindai bluefin tuna, a sustainable, farm-raised version of the endangered bluefin tuna. So of course, they decided to film Hideo Kuribara from Ushiwakamaru butchering the giant.
Watch below to learn about the different parts of tuna, and just to be amazed by how much meat comes from one fish. Fainthearted folks beware; it's just a tad grody and very meaty.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts