Get 24 Hours of Free Doughnuts
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Well, this is just unfair; first Los Angeles gets a 24-hour cupcake ATM, and now those Angelenos are privy to a 24-hour free doughnut pop-up shop. What's next, 24 hours of free macarons? (Oh wait, New York got that).
ForYourArt is launching a 24-hour pop-up shop of free doughnuts on Wilshire Boulevard starting at noon on March 24, coinciding with a 24-hour screening of Christian Marclay’s The Clock at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
The event, called Around the Clock: 24 Hour Donut City, will be serving up free doughnuts from around the city, "curated" by food writer Krista Simmons.
Doughnut choices start off with The Donut Man's strawberry doughnut, with a new flavor added every two hours. Krispy Kremes will be available all night, but there are also goodies like the Tres Leches Donut from UMAMIcatessen, as well as the Apple Fritter from Randy's Donuts, all available as supplies last.
Bonus point: Art Info shares that New York artist Kenny Scharf’s "Donut Truck" will be parked beside ForYourArt.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts