The Daily Meal’s Chef Madness Challenge: The Finals
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
The day has finally arrived when we can look back at the 32 chefs, snacks, cocktails, and beers that we started with last week and realize that now it’s down to eight. One more round of voting, and we’ll have our winners.
In this round of voting, there were a few close calls but many more decisive victories. Michael Symon beat chef Thomas Keller in a major way, garnering nearly 16 times as many votes. He’ll join Geoffrey Zakarian in the finals, who also won a clear victory over Richard Blais. Buffalo wings soundly defeated chips and guacamole, and will go on to match up with sliders, which just eked out a win over quesadillas. Moving into the booze department, margaritas, which cleanly beat sangria, will face off against White Russians, which beat gin martinis by the slimmest margin so far. Finally, the battle of the beers will pit Guinness, which won out over PBR, against the champagne of beers, Miller High Life, which mopped the floor with Beast Light.
So who will go on to win it all?
The survey is now closed, and the votes are being tallied. Check in this afternoon to find out who won!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts