- Peach Month begins
- Sandwich Month begins
Cult Sandwich McRib Returns Nationwide
Recipe of the day
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
- Live the High Life at SixtyFive in Rockefeller Center, Offering ‘Gin & Jazz’ Every Friday in August
- A New High-End Pizzeria Plans to Go National
- An Entirely Plant-Based Vegan Fast-Casual Restaurant Has Opened in New York City
- Japanese Mos Burger Chain Replaces Bun with Tomato
Fast-food giant Mickey D's decided to bring back their very popular, ever-evasive McRib sandwich, on National Food Day no less. So while some people will be advocating healthy eating and discussing the dangers of fast food, others will be chowing down on a processed, boneless "rib" sandwich with 500 calories and 26 grams of fat. Yes, this reflects America perfectly.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts