- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Burger King Joins McDonald's in Skirting Toy Ban
Recipe of the day
- These 9 Restaurants Pay Rent to Donald Trump
- 50 States: the Best BBQ Across America
- $100 and the Essay of a Lifetime Will Get You the Deed to This Restaurant and Bar
- Waitress Takes Care of Cancer Patient’s Bill at a New Jersey Pizza Shop
- The Newly Reopened Dirt Candy Will Now Serve a Vegetable Lovers Brunch
San Francisco's toy ban, which prohibits the free toy giveaways with kids meals, kicked off yesterday. In response, McDonald's started its sneaky campaign to work around the ban.
Mickey D's is charging 10 cents for Happy Meal toys; the proceeds will go to the Ronald McDonald House charity.
The ban stops chain restuarants from toy giveaways with children menu items that don't meet nutritional standards (including the mandatory fruits and veggies portions).
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts