Burger King Joins McDonald's in Skirting Toy Ban
Recipe of the day
- David Burke fabrik Celebrates First Birthday with Special Menu
- Hooked on Cheese: Le Charme of Charm City
- Pete Wells Gives 3 Stars to Scandinavian Aquavit in Midtown Manhattan
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Hooters
- Surprises in Ranking for Daniel, Jean-Georges, and David Chang as Second Half of World’s 100 Best Restaurants Announced
San Francisco's toy ban, which prohibits the free toy giveaways with kids meals, kicked off yesterday. In response, McDonald's started its sneaky campaign to work around the ban.
Mickey D's is charging 10 cents for Happy Meal toys; the proceeds will go to the Ronald McDonald House charity.
The ban stops chain restuarants from toy giveaways with children menu items that don't meet nutritional standards (including the mandatory fruits and veggies portions).
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts