Burger King Joins McDonald's in Skirting Toy Ban
Recipe of the day
- While McDonald’s Struggles, Burger King Reports Strongest North American Sales Increase in a Decade
- Restaurant Offers Jameis Winston Endless Free Crab Legs If Drafted by Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- New York’s Famous Carnegie Deli Shut Down After Alleged Gas Siphoning
- Restaurant Turns Tables on Customer’s Bad Online Review
- Restaurant Offends with Bruce Jenner Hot Dog
San Francisco's toy ban, which prohibits the free toy giveaways with kids meals, kicked off yesterday. In response, McDonald's started its sneaky campaign to work around the ban.
Mickey D's is charging 10 cents for Happy Meal toys; the proceeds will go to the Ronald McDonald House charity.
The ban stops chain restuarants from toy giveaways with children menu items that don't meet nutritional standards (including the mandatory fruits and veggies portions).
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts