- Fried Chicken Day
Burger King Joins McDonald's in Skirting Toy Ban
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- The 9 Most Memorable Crimes That Happened at Fast Food Restaurants
- Per Se Owes Workers $500,000 in Unpaid Service Charges, Says New York Attorney General
- Chuck E. Cheese’s, ‘Where a Kid Can Be a Kid,’ Hires Creative Agency to Help Attract More Adults
- Bakery That Refused Cake for Same-Sex Wedding Ordered to Pay Damages
- Black Seed Launches New Chef-Designed Bagels for Summer
San Francisco's toy ban, which prohibits the free toy giveaways with kids meals, kicked off yesterday. In response, McDonald's started its sneaky campaign to work around the ban.
Mickey D's is charging 10 cents for Happy Meal toys; the proceeds will go to the Ronald McDonald House charity.
The ban stops chain restuarants from toy giveaways with children menu items that don't meet nutritional standards (including the mandatory fruits and veggies portions).
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts