- Scotch Whisky Day
Burger King Joins McDonald's in Skirting Toy Ban
Recipe of the day
- Stranger Takes Care of Family’s Restaurant Bill After 2-Year-Old Child Throws a Temper Tantrum
- McDonald’s ‘Disappointing’ Sales Decline Continues Into 2015
- Noma Announces Move to Australia in January 2016
- Gucci Restaurant Opens in Shanghai
- Restaurateur Threatened with Fine if Customers Watch TV on Phones
San Francisco's toy ban, which prohibits the free toy giveaways with kids meals, kicked off yesterday. In response, McDonald's started its sneaky campaign to work around the ban.
Mickey D's is charging 10 cents for Happy Meal toys; the proceeds will go to the Ronald McDonald House charity.
The ban stops chain restuarants from toy giveaways with children menu items that don't meet nutritional standards (including the mandatory fruits and veggies portions).
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts