Batali, Bastianich Opening New Los Angeles Italian Restaurant
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- José Andrés Saves Life of Choking Man
- 6 Things You Didn't Know About The Food Network's 'Chopped'
- In The Daily Meal Kitchen with José Andrés, Who Tempts the American Palate with Science
- Buy Your Tickets Now for the I Heart WITS Gala on May 5, Supporting Wellness in Schools
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth and Say Congratulations at High Street on Market
Eater LA is reporting today that the team of chef Mario Batali, restaurateur Joe Bastianich, and Nancy Silverton — the team behind Pizzeria Mozza, Osteria Mozza, and Mozza2Go — will be opening their fourth Los Angeles restaurant next month, and that it’ll be called chi SPACCA.
When Pizzeria Mozza opened several years ago, it transformed the Los Angeles pizza scene, and has consistently been ranked one of the best pizzerias in the country. Their follow-up projects, Osteria Mozza and Mozza2Go, continued that theme and have been resounding successes.
The new restaurant, which is slated to open Feb. 4, is coming to the space currently occupied by their Scuola di Pizza, a pop-up space and demo lab right next door to Mozza2Go. According to the site, all signs point to this concept being a continuation of chef Chad Colby’s successful Salumi Bar night, which was one of the town’s hottest tickets back in May.
We speculate that this news officially brings about the end of plans to open an LA branch of Batali and Bastianich’s incredibly popular line of Italian markets, Eataly.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts