- First Thanksgiving Day Decreed (1789)
20 Most 'Liked' Fast-Food Brands on Facebook
Recipe of the day
- Diamond Foods, Maker of Emerald Nuts and Pop Secret, to Sell Company in Pieces
- One Woman Posed as Salad on Tinder, and You Won't Believe the Responses She Got
- Days of Pepperoni Past: This Guy Is Photographing the Disappearing Pizza Huts of Your Childhood
- You Can Now Order Carnitas Burritos Again at Chipotle
- Dunkin’ Donuts Is Making a Breakfast Sandwich with Bacon-Stuffed Sausages
There is a growing trend among the big players in the fast-food industry these days — coming out with an outrageous product and then hoping that it strikes viral gold online. Take for example Taco Bell’s Doritos Locos Tacos and McDonald’s Austrian McRibster.
The impact of social media has become extremely important for these fast-food brands, so much so that if you look at how the chains stack up popularity-wise, by last count of the likes on their Facebook pages at least, Subway (11,626,974) still has work to do before it overtakes Starbucks (29,299,522) and the Golden Arches (18,155,580) despite having more locations worldwide than either brand.
When it comes to the popularity rankings of popular fast-food joints, there might be some surprises. Would anyone have thought that Arby’s wouldn't have even come close to cracking the top 20 most popular fast-food chains on Facebook? And despite all its cult-like proponents, Five Guys didn’t make the cut, either.
Where did Chipotle land? Dairy Queen? Which chicken chain dominated — Kentucky Fried Chicken or Chick-fil-A? Which pizza chain was more popular — Domino's, Pizza Hut, or Papa John's? Who were the top three most popular fast-food chains? Watch the slideshow, where they're listed in descending order, to find out.
Is your favorite chain missing? Does it break 950,000 likes on Facebook as all the ones on this list do? Leave a comment below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts