- Peach Month begins
- Sandwich Month begins
The World's Top 10 Coolest McDonald's
Recipe of the day
- Is This the Craziest Thing Someone Has Done for Free Food?
- This Drunk Guy Accidentally Bought More Than $500 Worth of Pizza for Strangers
- What’s It Like to Fly on Qatar Airways Business Class? Hint: It’s the Lap of Luxury
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
- Whole Foods Market’s Stock Drops, Does Not Meet Third-Quarter Earning Expectations
These days it seems like you can’t go anywhere in the world without being greeted by those familiar Golden Arches.
Sometimes the vision of them can be comforting, especially when you’re traveling abroad and surrounded by mysterious, slightly intimidating food. Sometimes it can be annoying, like when you get off the interstate craving a steak and McDonald's is the only restaurant within sight. Usually, though, that meal of a Big Mac and fries is always welcomed.
Most McDonald's are comfortingly identical: red and yellow color scheme, beige floors, plastic tables, cardboard cutouts of Ronald McDonald, and ball pits for the kids. Around the world, though, there are some pretty innovative examples of how creative franchise owners blend into (or stand out from) their surroundings., as the brand has brought on some of the world's top architects to craft some incredibly creative restaurants. From the New Zealand location that incorporates a decommissioned airliner to the minimalist "Quarter Pounder" store in Tokyo, read on to find out the top 10 coolest McDonald’s locations in the world.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts