The World's Top 10 Coolest McDonald's
Recipe of the day
- 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Wawa
- Mind Over Meal: Are Comfort Foods Really Comforting?
- Study Says 61 Percent of Our Grocery Purchases Are Highly Processed Foods
- Former Cook Will Serve 4 Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer’s Food and Eluding Police
- Walmart Updates Animal Welfare Standards After Pork Distributor Accused of Animal Abuse
These days it seems like you can’t go anywhere in the world without being greeted by those familiar Golden Arches.
Sometimes the vision of them can be comforting, especially when you’re traveling abroad and surrounded by mysterious, slightly intimidating food. Sometimes it can be annoying, like when you get off the interstate craving a steak and McDonald's is the only restaurant within sight. Usually, though, that meal of a Big Mac and fries is always welcomed.
Most McDonald's are comfortingly identical: red and yellow color scheme, beige floors, plastic tables, cardboard cutouts of Ronald McDonald, and ball pits for the kids. Around the world, though, there are some pretty innovative examples of how creative franchise owners blend into (or stand out from) their surroundings., as the brand has brought on some of the world's top architects to craft some incredibly creative restaurants. From the New Zealand location that incorporates a decommissioned airliner to the minimalist "Quarter Pounder" store in Tokyo, read on to find out the top 10 coolest McDonald’s locations in the world.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts