World's Largest Cappuccino Sets Guinness Record
Recipe of the day
- Starbucks Plans to Open in Ferguson, Mo. Following #RaceTogether Campaign
- Starbucks Is Introducing a S’mores Frappuccino on April 28
- All Those Single-Serve Coffee Pods Are Hurting Coffee Farmers
- America’s 50 Best Coffee Shops
- Expanded Starbucks College Plan Offers Full Tuition at Arizona State University for All Employees
Baristas everywhere are marveling at the world's largest cappuccino, made this week in Croatia.
The Huffington Post and the Austrian Times report that the operation began with an Austrian coffee chain, Julius Meinl. It took 1,000 baristas and 22 coffee machines to create the giant cup in the Zagreb main square.
Said Crnogorac to several news outlets, it's a tribute to the hardworking baristas every day. "In total there are about 1,000 baristas here. A thousand people, really, who do this job every day, who make cappuccinos every single day, and they are certainly good at this... So each and every cappuccino here is made exactly how it should be."
The previous record-holder was only about 330 gallons, compared to the 440-gallon cappuccino made this week.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts