- Ice Cream Month begins
- Blueberry Month begins
World's Largest Cappuccino Sets Guinness Record
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- Brooklyn Artist Sues Starbucks for Alleged Copyright Infringement
- La Colombe Creates First-Ever Latte on Tap
- Starbucks Has Lined Up 6 New Frappuccino Flavors, Including Cotton Candy and Cupcake
- Starbucks Has Taken the Classic Cappuccino Off the Menu at Many Locations
- Neil Young Blasts Monsanto, GMOs, and Starbucks in New Music Video
Baristas everywhere are marveling at the world's largest cappuccino, made this week in Croatia.
The Huffington Post and the Austrian Times report that the operation began with an Austrian coffee chain, Julius Meinl. It took 1,000 baristas and 22 coffee machines to create the giant cup in the Zagreb main square.
Said Crnogorac to several news outlets, it's a tribute to the hardworking baristas every day. "In total there are about 1,000 baristas here. A thousand people, really, who do this job every day, who make cappuccinos every single day, and they are certainly good at this... So each and every cappuccino here is made exactly how it should be."
The previous record-holder was only about 330 gallons, compared to the 440-gallon cappuccino made this week.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts