World's First Glow in the Dark Ice Cream Invented
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
They’ve re-invented ice cream in every which way from creating savory olive oil flavors to bringing back old-fashioned soda fountains/ice cream parlors, so why not make your favorite frozen treat glow in the dark?
That’s exactly what Charlie Henry, owner of the England-based “Lick Me I’m Delicious” ice cream company set out to do. Henry, inventor of the ice cream fire extinguisher and the soup washing machine, has now invented the world’s first glow in the dark ice cream, which is made with synthetically-engineered jellyfish luminescence.
“I'm a bit of a geek and I'm always looking into advances in the world of science and tech,” said Henry, who is a known ice cream inventor and experimenter. “I stumbled upon the world of bio-luminescence and I was hooked, it seemed like a natural next step to try and make a glow in the dark ice cream.”
According to Henry, the ice cream will be completely edible, although it will taste a bit salty since they had to amp up the pH level to make the ice cream actually glow. Thus far, Henry has made his glowing ice cream in vanilla, lemon, and lobster flavor.
The ice cream will be available for sale in about a year once they company has perfected the luminary recipe and made it safe for consumption.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts