World’s Most Expensive Hot Dog
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Christina Tosi is Opening a Milk Bar Pop-Up in Madison Square Park
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
Capitol Dawg in Sacramento, Calif., has decided it’s time to play with the big dogs.
May 31 at 1:30 p.m., owner Mike Brown plans to break the official Guinness world record for the most expensive hot dog ever sold.
This oversized dog will set adventurous diners back $145.49, with the previous record set at $100 by a Canadian hot dog stand, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
The hot dog, called the “California Capitol City Dawg,” will consist of a three-quarter-pound, 18-inch, all-beef premium frank made in Chicago; topped with ultra-expensive moose cheese from Sweden; white truffle butter (spread and grilled) on a specially prepared foccacia roll;whole grain mustard from France; and all-natural bacon from New Hampshire steeped in maple syrup.
"This truly gourmet hot dog is done right and priced right," Brown said. "I put a lot of time and thought into the recipe, and with the help of others created what I think is the most original and one of a kind hot dogs in the world."
Retail Radio is supporting the event, and all proceeds from each hot dog sold will benefit the Shriners Hospital for Children Northern California.
"I invite the community to come out and support this unique opportunity to see a Guinness world record be broken,” Brown said. "I am very proud to bring the record back to the USA and to the city of Sacramento. Coming off a great American holiday, and heading into our nations summertime hot dog season, I can't think of a more appropriate time to win this challenge."
In the mood for a frank now (and hopefully a cheaper one)? Check out TDM’s hot dog taste test to decide which brand is best for you.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts