Wolfgang Puck's Comfort Food Menu for 2014 Governor's Ball
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Ina Garten
- Chef Alex Harrell Dishes on His Newly Opened New Orleans Hotspot, Angeline
- EJ Hodgkinson of King + Duke Brings Best of Atlanta to the James Beard House
- Taffer’s Take: Jon Taffer on How to Keep Your Bar Hot and Contemporary
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
Wolfgang Puck has unveiled a preview of his menu for the 2014 Governor’s Ball, the elaborate after-party of the Oscars. The menu to be served in the Ray Dolby Ballroom at the Hollywood & Highland Center on Mar. 2nd will be a mix of classic comfort food and decadent seafood, including stone crab, lobster, and yellowtail sashimi. Puck told UK’s The Mirror that for his 20th anniversary as the official executive chef of The Academy Awards Governor’s Ball, he has created a menu based on the dishes that have been most popular in previous years.
Some of the items that will appear on the menu include chicken pot pie, Chinois lobster, roasted potato with caviar, and even macaroni and cheese. Dessert will include a lavish array of chocolates, including the classic miniature chocolate Oscars. Guests will also be served a variety of drinks, including the Blood and Sand cocktail, named for the 1922 bullfighter film.
“It’s a little bit like ‘The Best of Wolfgang,’ so I think it’s really exciting for us,” Puck said.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts