Will Ferrell's Beer Commercials Hit Airwaves in Sweden
Recipe of the day
- We’re Shocked: Young People Are Starting to Choose Wine and Liquor Over Beer
- 6 Reasons Beer Is Good for You
- Norwegian Festival Fights Binge Drinking with Cheap Beer
- MillerCoors Sued for Portraying Blue Moon as Craft Beer Worthy of Premium Price Tag
- These Rugby Players Got Tooth Implants That Double as Bottle Openers
A year ago, Will Ferrell decided to film his own Old Milwaukee ad campaign, gleefully taking on a role as spokesperson for the brand. Those commercials aired only in North Platte, Neb., Slate says, during the Superbowl.
Flash forward to today, and Ferrell is still filming Old Milwaukee spots — which are showing up on the Swedish airwaves. And Slate points out, Ferrell is actually speaking Swedish in them; who knew he was such a wordsmith? If anything, it's just a reminder of Ferrell's glory days in Anchorman.
It's unclear why these ads are airing in Sweden, other than the fact that Ferrell is married to Swedish actress Viveca Paulin. Maybe he just really loves his Old Milwaukee: back in March, he told AdWeek that he really loves "a good, crappy, beer." Of the funny beer commercials we've seen, there's nothing quite like a Ferrell beer commercial. Check out the scenes below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts