Will Ferrell's Beer Commercials Hit Airwaves in Sweden
Recipe of the day
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
- DC Brau and Oskar Blues Launch ‘Smells Like Freedom’ IPA with ‘Aromas of Cannabis’
- A Man Shot His Friend for Giving Him the Wrong Brand of Beer
A year ago, Will Ferrell decided to film his own Old Milwaukee ad campaign, gleefully taking on a role as spokesperson for the brand. Those commercials aired only in North Platte, Neb., Slate says, during the Superbowl.
Flash forward to today, and Ferrell is still filming Old Milwaukee spots — which are showing up on the Swedish airwaves. And Slate points out, Ferrell is actually speaking Swedish in them; who knew he was such a wordsmith? If anything, it's just a reminder of Ferrell's glory days in Anchorman.
It's unclear why these ads are airing in Sweden, other than the fact that Ferrell is married to Swedish actress Viveca Paulin. Maybe he just really loves his Old Milwaukee: back in March, he told AdWeek that he really loves "a good, crappy, beer." Of the funny beer commercials we've seen, there's nothing quite like a Ferrell beer commercial. Check out the scenes below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts