Will Disney Bid on Food Network?
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
Here's an idea that will blow your socks off: Disney, home of the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez, could potentially make a bid to Scripps Networks, home of Paula Deen and Guy Fieri.
AdAge points out that Scripps Networks Interactive could bring in bids from buyers now that a family trust has disbanded; the holdings of the Scripps family trust will be distributed between descendants of Edward W. Scripps. And because all those shares are now distributed out, and other investors are in on the decision-making process, analysts think there is a possibility of a sale. "It certainly seems to be more likely that if someone were to make a great offer, that you could see more pressure from certain beneficiaries that maybe are in favor of selling," one analyst at Edward Jones said.
Potential bidders could include Disney and Comcast, as each would want to fill a "yawning gap" in their audience, as they look to reach "upscale, older women." Naturally, Scripps Network representatives claim they are not looking to sell the business, but Grub Street seems pretty excited about the theoretical Disney/Scripps fusion. Imagine a Jonas Brothers cooking show, or The Suite Life of Zack and Cody... Around the World. Yep, seems about right.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts