- Ice Cream Month begins
- Blueberry Month begins
White Castle's Slider-Scented Candle Returns
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Going Beyond Meat: How One Company’s Meatless Meat Appeals to Carnivores
- What Is Cheetos Cheese Dust? And 8 Other Junk Food Mysteries Solved
- Ben & Jerry’s Renames Cookie Dough Ice Cream ‘I Dough, I Dough’ to Celebrate Marriage Equality Decision
- Judge’s Ruling May Kill Sysco-US Food Merger
- Would You Bathe with Beer? One Brand Hopes You Will
Looks like the tamale and pizza perfumes of late 2012 and early 2013 were a little late to the game; turns out, White Castle debuted an Original Slider-scented candle way back in 2010, and it's back this time for National Autism Awareness Month.
According to a press release, the candle is available for a limited time on houseofcrave.com for $15, with net proceeds benefiting Autism Speaks. The burger candle, which purportedly smells just like a White Castle Original Slider, was designed by Laura Slatkin of NEST Fragrances. During its limited debut in 2010, more than 10,000 candles were sold. This means either several people are hoarding their White Castle candle stock, or 10,000 people really love the smell of their burgers.
Lucky for White Castle fans everywhere, the candle has returned once more, housed in a ceramic replica of the White Castle slider box. Because, you know, everyone wants their tiny apartment to smell like a greasy, beefy mess.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts