Where to Drink During Tales of the Cocktail
We tour across New Orleans' French Quarter to stop and have a drink at some of the city's oldest establisments
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Cocktails and New Orleans go together like Cajun bites and Sno-balls. It’s no secret that New Orleans may just be home to the most burgeoning cocktail scene in, dare we say, the country (no offense, New Yorkers), so it only makes sense that New Orleans puts on the biggest cocktail party of the year: the Tales of the Cocktail, held July 17 to 21.
The Tales of the Cocktail, which began 11 years ago, is an industry invitational that lets beverage professionals try what’s hot and happening in cocktail culture. Sure, there’s no shortage of sips to slake your thirst in the Hotel Monteleone during Tales of the Cocktail, the annual cocktail bonanza — ahem, we mean serious spirits conference. But if you’re looking to escape the crowds of bartenders, media, and cocktail enthusiasts for a drink away from the madding crowd at its headquarters, here’s our hot list of cool Big Easy bars. Whether you’re attending or not, there are more than enough New Orleans bars to crash this week.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts