- Taco Day
What's the Best Beer in America?
Recipe of the day
- Beer Brewed From Chickpeas Invented: Is Hummus Beer the Next Big Thing?
- Budweiser, Corona, and Blue Moon: America’s Most Popular Beers Could Soon Be All Under One Roof
- Metallica Is Making A Limited Edition Beer in Canada
- 10 Medical Reasons to Drink More Beer
- We're Halfway to St. Paddy's Day: 9 American-Irish Beers Worth Trying
Is your beer routine getting to be the same-old, same-old? Fortunately, the American Homebrewer's Association has cut out the legwork and made it easy to have a great beer: by crowning the best 10 beers in the country.
But, as TIME points out, it's not all that exciting: the same beer, Russian River’s Pliny the Elder, has won the top spot for the past four years. Other big-name brewers on the list include Dogfish Head, Sierra Nevada, and Stone. The best beers list was compiled by the ABA's publication, Zymurgy magazine, where more than 16,000 brewers (and homebrewers) voted for their favorites.
What's more interesting, notes LA Weekly, is that the list is mostly California-brewed beers: more than 40 percent of the best. California also struck gold with its brewery rankings, best portfolio, and the acclaimed "spirit of the homebrew" award from the same survey. It could be because Californian beers have a large distribution — especially in Colorado, where the magazine is based.
Check out the list below and let us know: do you agree with their assessment? (Click here for the full list of winners.)
1. Russian River Pliny the Elder
2. Bell’s Two Hearted Ale
3. Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
4. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
5. Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale
6. Bell’s Hopslam
7. Sierra Nevada Celebration
8. Stone Ruination IPA
9. Sierra Nevada Torpedo
10. North Coast Old Rasputin
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts