What Are America’s Worst Supermarkets?
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Students Allegedly Served 6-Year-Old Meat in School
- We Want to Know: Who Serves the Best Burger in America?
- Texas Commissioner Wants Deep Fryers in School Cafeterias Because ‘It’s About Freedom’
- People Are Angry That Whole Foods Donated Sandwiches to the National Guard in Baltimore
- Twitter Has Launched an Account Dedicated to the Best Food in Social Media
What are the worst supermarkets in the country? Consumer Reports surveyed more than 24,000 American shoppers, and assembled a list of 12. Their criteria were fairly straightforward: speedy checkout, cleanliness, and the quality of perishables were the prime factors, and according to the report the biggest complaints were regarding dirtiness and crowds. Here’s the list!
12. Stop & Shop
9. Pick ‘n Save
8. Food Lion
7. Weis Markets
6. Tops Markets
4. A & P
2. Wal-Mart Supercenter
According to Latinos Post, 54 grocery store chains were considered, and were given scores from one to 100 based on the survey respondents’ answers. Pathmark, which is exclusive to the East Coast, only earned a score of 68, just inching out Wal-Mart’s 69. Both stores were cited for being very unclean, and Wal-Mart in particular was called out for having unhelpful employees. Pathmark declined to comment when contacted by The Daily Meal.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts